Ashlar-Vellum is proud to help schools, universities and educational groups around the world with donations to our CAD and 3D modeling software on both Mac and Windows. To participate, see our donation policy below then call our Sales Department at +1 800 877-2745, ext 1.
Ashlar-Vellum and Girlstart
Ashlar-Vellum supports Girlstart, an organization that empowers middle school girls in math, science and technology. Girlstart engages, educates and motivates girls to achieve the knowledge and confidence to participate in advanced math and science classes and future careers.
Ashlar-Vellum donated 26 seats of Argon 3D modeling software to be used as part of their Dream Spaces summer camp program. A modeling tutorial was created especially for the girls that includes wire frame construction of a vase, application of materials, rendering, and creation of an animated movie. Click here to see some of their designs in our Gallery.
We look forward to growing new users as these young women learn the joy of design. See what other great things these girls are doing at www.girlstart.com.
Donations to Schools & Universities Around the World
|University or Institution||Location|
|Academy of Art College||San Francisco|
|Architecture & Design Charter High School||Philadelphia|
|Arizona State University||Tempe|
|Art Center College of Design||Switzerland|
|California College of Art & Crafts||La Jolla|
|Carnegie Mellon University||Pittsburgh|
|Cegep de Sainte-Foy||Quebec, QC|
|Cleveland Institute of Art||Cleveland|
|College for Creative Studies||Detroit|
|Columbus College of Art & Design||Ohio|
|Cranbrook Academy of Arts||Sydney, Aus|
|Emily Carr Institute of Art & Design-Canada||Vancouver, BC|
|Georgia Institute of Technology||Atlanta|
|Kanazawa International Design Institute||Japan|
|Kansas City Art Institute||Kansas City|
|Kendall College of Art & Design||Grand Rapids|
|ITT Technical Institute||San Bernardino, CA|
|Massachusetts College of Art||Massachusetts|
|Metro State College of Denver||Denver|
|Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design||Milwaukee|
|Ohio State University||Columbus|
|Ontario College of Art & Design||Ontario|
|Parson School of Design||NY|
|Pratt Institute||Brooklyn, NY|
|Rhode Island School of Design||Providence|
|Rochester Institute of Technology||Rochester|
|San Francisco State University||San Francisco|
|San Jose State University||San Jose|
|Savannah College of Art & Design||Savannah|
|Southern Illinois University||Carbondale|
|Université de Montréal||Montréal|
|University of Calgary||Canada|
|University of Houston||Houston|
|University of Kansas||Lawrence|
|University of the Arts||Philadelphia|
|University of Wisconsin-Stout||Wisconsin|
|Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University||Blacksburg|
|Western Michigan University||Kalamazoo|
Ashlar-Vellum has a policy of donating CAD and 3D modeling software license on both Mac and Windows to qualified industrial design schools around the world for the cost of continued maintenance.
To qualify in the USA a school must:
- Have an accredited Industrial Design Program.
- Be a member of the Industrial Design Society of America and have a student chapter on campus.
Outside the USA:
- A school must have an accredited Industrial Design Program.
- Be a member of the International Council of Societies of Industrial Design or an organization similar to the IDSA promoting industrial design cooperation among students and professionals.
Ashlar-Vellum agrees to:
- Provide free STU e-only software licenses for a classroom or lab.
- Provide 3-day training classes for instructors at our Austin, TX facilities at a 25% discount. (Usual training prices US $1,800.00 – 25% = US $1,350.00 per person.)
The Design School agrees to:
- Purchase any desired DVD-ROMs (US $8.25) or printed documentation desired (US $129.95 per set).
- Purchase ASAP maintenance on a yearly basis (beginning in the second year) at the STU discounted prices. (Example, Cobalt STU ASAP 25-pack license = US $695.00 per year.)
- Sign the Donation Agreement.
- Require students use the software by specifying at least one assignment per grading period in which the students must turn in an Ashlar-Vellum file.
- Encourage students to submit work to the Ashlar-Vellum Gallery.
For more information, contact the Ashlar-Vellum Sales Department at +1 800 877-2745, ext. 1.