For information concerning Ashlar-Vellum, please contact: Julie Bou, +1 512 250-2186 x1130.
Ashlar-Vellum™ Releases Cobalt™, Xenon™ and Argon™ v12
August 9, 2023, Austin, TX. Ashlar-Vellum is proud to announce version 12, their 3D Solid and Surface Modeling software for Mac and Windows. The trio of products has been updated with some wonderfully powerful enhancements designed to amplify your design experience, providing a level of fluidity and seamlessness to your work environment.
Robert Bou, president of Ashlar-Vellum, commented: “With our latest release, our customers’ creativity can flow with the current, rather than fight against it. With Version 12, innovation meets fluidity, to amplify design capabilities and inspiration. Hat’s off to our team of developers, technical and customer support specialists in Ukraine and around the world who have been able to accomplish some very important things despite the ongoing war around them.”.
Enhancements to v12 of Cobalt, Xenon and Argon are:
- The Power of true 64-bit Architecture: In this new era of technology memory constraints cease to exist. Our latest upgrade to 64-bit processing paves the way for unprecedented availability of RAM, facilitating the effortless handling of voluminous assemblies.
- Enhanced ACIS Prowess: The ACIS 3D modeling engine has been turbocharged. Experience hyper-accurate modeling at supersonic speed, as we have fine-tuned the algorithms for higher efficiency and precision.
- Latest File Translation Support: We’ve forged new lines of communication to the most recent versions of DWG, DXF, 3DM, SAT, STEP, IGS and Parasolids (X_T, X_B), boosting compatibility and interoperability within your design ecosystem.
- Dizzying Redraw Speeds: Hold on tight for a speed revolution. Enjoy redraw speeds up to 350% faster on Windows and an astonishing 1000% boost on macOS for heavy models. Performance is no longer a luxury, but a given.
- 3D Navigation Devices Integration: Welcome full-scale support of the latest SpaceMouse, SpaceNavigator, SpaceController, and SpacePilot devices, drivers and operating systems.
- Smoothed Dual Monitor Support: We’ve ironed out the kinks for dual monitors, rectifying issues with application window sizing (MOD-495), retina/non-retina mix (MOD-1129), and Phong MTS display (MOD-1343). Your workflow on multiple screens is about to become as smooth as silk.
- High-Resolution Display Compatibility: Our trio of 3D Modeling applications are now fine-tuned for visual harmony with your Retina displays on macOS and HiDPI displays on Windows. No more blurred or fuzzy application windows. Enjoy crystal clear visuals, even when dragging the application across different types of displays.
- Augmented VC6 Import Support: We’ve leveled up on VC6 import capabilities, adding much anticipated support for hatches, fills, dimensions and layer colors.
- Enhanced Security: Fend off vicious malware specifically crafted to masquerade as friendly file types. We’ve rooted out potential vulnerabilities and blocked them so you can open CO, XE, AR, IGES, SAT, 3DS, X_T and X_B files with confidence.
- Enhanced Unicode Support: Feel free to work with files bearing Unicode symbols in the name or path, when opening, saving, importing or exporting. Our extended Unicode support also applies to text objects.
Founded in 1988, Ashlar-Vellum is the leading provider of precision CAD and 3D modeling software that automates and simplifies the design process for drafting, design, and engineering professionals on both Macintosh and Windows platforms. Ashlar-Vellum’s unique Organic Workflow™ featuring their renowned Vellum user interface and powerful toolsets have earned the loyalty of innovators around the world. Ashlar-Vellum operates from its headquarters in Austin, Texas with our development team and administrative support in Ukraine and around the world. To learn more call +1 800 877-2745 or visit www.ashlar.com.
Contact: Julie Bou, Ashlar-Vellum, +1 512 250-2186 x1130, Julie.Bou@ashlar.com.